PITT & English

Trainingstipps zum "Großwerden", Techniken, Theorien, Pläne & Experimente
(u.a. PITT Training, 5x5, Volumentraining, Rest/Pause uvm.)

Moderatoren: meisterproper, Totti

supersize nicole
IFBB Profi
Gewicht (kg): 0
Größe ( in cm ): 0
Beitragvon supersize nicole » 29. Okt 2006, 11:54

hi lifter,

welcome here, great that you are here too and that you found us back :-D

as you already know, i started training while using intensity techniques from day one.
since 2002 i am addicted to pitt force workout style and the results were and are still unbelieveable ( ifbb pro within two years for example)

i just finished my chest, shoulder , tricep routine.. and sill got a tremendous pump, i am now "off-season" ( i did dieting the since 2004 :-( ) but now it is time to enhance the "growth in the pitt-zone" and it already feels ( after eating some more carbs and so on the last weeks :wink: ) as i am going to explode

there is nothing more effecient when it comes to steady gains and now holds barred hardcore training

all the best to you :P

nicole
"Frauen, leckt euch und die Welt schmeckt euch"

powered by PITT-FORCE and sheer desire

http://www.nicolepfuetzenreuter.de

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Even clearer

Beitragvon Lifter » 29. Okt 2006, 14:24

meisterproper, thanks for the added advice. I forgot to mention, I came off Doggcrapp style training, where I enjoyed rotating exercises, so that is what I did when designing my PITT workout. For example, as I want to add extra peaks to my biceps, after I read this... (lying cable curls) yours truly gives this a try for about a month, & guess what? I have put a 1/4" on my arms. Now, please note that I have made no other changes to my routine or diet & I have not added any new size to my arms in years (I'm 54, btw).

So I decided to alternate lying cable curls with incline curls each week to ensure my biceps get attacked from two entirely different angles. I did likewise with all my other bodyparts, the only one I am left to do PITT style one week, rest-pause the next, is my chest. I am doing incline bb press PITT style one week, flye-press (a terrific chest exercise I just came across, but not practical PITT style) the following week. Back is easy to change exercises due to the variety, ie. chins/pulldowns, and for depth db bench rows with cable rows. So there's plenty of variety. :)

I am pleased you mentioned about stopping when you had to use 20 second rest periods, as that is exactly what I did today! It just seemed to feel right, as once I got to that point I was pretty depleted and had little left to carry on.

Thanks for the link, I'll go there now and check it out! :thumbup:

Even if you don't look like that all the time, that's quite a build you have there, I especially love your 6-pack abs! I assume you built yourself up using PITT training? How much do you weigh, and what's your height?

I was debating whether to do 4 sets per workout or only 3... after I have felt how stimulating yet taxing it is, I am glad I chose "just" the 3. :wink:

Hi Nicole, thanks for welcoming me. Yes, I managed to track down the source of PITT information, and glad I did as I feel welcome here, much more so than other forums I have been part of. Everyone here has been wonderful to me, so helpful and keen to enlighten me on what PITT training is all about. I am grateful to you all. :thumbup:

From my one workout this morning, I know this is very unique. It is 12 hours later yet my arms are still deeply fatigued, and that was from pushdowns, an exercise I usually don't get much out of normal style! I can only imagine how they will be next week when I do close-grip bench press! :-o

Thanks for the encouragement to try PITT training. :Klatschen: All the best on your future competitions!
Lifter

meisterproper
Gewicht (kg): 118
Größe ( in cm ): 183
Training seit: 1. Sep 1999
Wettkampferfahrung: Ja
Re: Even clearer

Beitragvon meisterproper » 30. Okt 2006, 12:37

Lifter hat geschrieben:I am pleased you mentioned about stopping when you had to use 20 second rest periods, as that is exactly what I did today! It just seemed to feel right, as once I got to that point I was pretty depleted and had little left to carry on.

Exactly :thumbup:

Lifter hat geschrieben:Even if you don't look like that all the time, that's quite a build you have there, I especially love your 6-pack abs! I assume you built yourself up using PITT training? How much do you weigh, and what's your height?

The picture was taken on a contest last year in November. Just a couple of weeks before, Karsten has instructed me to perform one single "PITT-test-set" on the biceps-scottcurl-machine. I did not want to change my training during the last weeks until competition and therefore kept on working out my very own interpretation of something between HIT and volume-training. But as I could not forget the completely different feeling of depletion and fatigue in my biceps I felt for days just from one single set, I started PITT just after the competition.
I am 183cm tall, during offseason my weight is about 100-105kgs. Last years contest weight was 88kg. I did want to compete again this year but was not able due to a major injury in my leg and for some other reasons.

But at the moment I am very confident, that PITT will allow me to put on some extra kilos for next year's competition(s) resp. I am really sure that it already has done this job and will keep on doing so ;-) as I have about 103kgs now in much better shape as I used to have during offseason. The changes I have experienced during the last 12 months are very noticeable, in regards to both strength and size. The improvements are getting smaller and smaller but they are still there, even after months of PITTing! I am very sure that these remarkable changes would not have been possible with my old training routine.

I still thank god for the one test-set Karsten made me perform as it really opened my eyes. I am very grateful to call him a friend!

Lifter hat geschrieben:I was debating whether to do 4 sets per workout or only 3... after I have felt how stimulating yet taxing it is, I am glad I chose "just" the 3. :wink:

:D :thumbup:

I wish you a lot of fun and growth during the next weeks of PITTing and whenever you have a question, I am sure somebody here will have an answer for you :wink: :thumbup:
Deutscher Meister & Gesamtsieger 2010
www.peter-baers.de

sponsored by BBGenics, Silberrücken & ScSPORTS

http://www.pitt-hooks.de - Der Shop für PITT-Hooks®,
Magnetgewichte & mehr!

Nwllifter2

Beitragvon Nwllifter2 » 30. Okt 2006, 23:28

Hey I made it finally ;)

My ISP keeps blocking stuff I don't wish it to and it was blocking my confirmation email so I could join. I used a different account and finally I can read and post here.

This is great to see the info. in English, I'm good friends with Lifter (also an original member of hypertrophy-researches 'Max Stim' training so really familiar with these ideas since they are so similar.

This forum seems very helpful, really cool! 8)

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Impressive!

Beitragvon Lifter » 31. Okt 2006, 01:22

meisterproper... thanks, very impressive! From the depth of stimulation I feel after each PITT set/workout, I am convinced growth must occur. This level of fatigue doesn't happen training any other way, so PITT has to be THE BEST means to ensure you are triggering every muscle fibre possible!

I trained my back and biceps this morning, and it went perfectly as I chose weights that kept me around 20 reps. But like last time I am fatigued now, struggling to type as I have to keep resting my arms by my sides as they as so depleted!

My legs get the PITT treatment on Thursday... I wonder how I'll be walking, if at all, afterwards!? :-o

How close do you come to failure? I assume, like you said, you simply stop when you have to rest 20 seconds, so it's not an actual failure?

Also, I am picking weights I can get between 15 to 20 reps. Is that right? Thanks.

nwlifter2... welcome <finally>. I wondered when you'd get here. Now you have, you will find it welcoming here, as they are a bunch of warm friendly people, well versed in PITT training and eager to help. :thumbup: Enjoy!
Zuletzt geändert von Lifter am 19. Dez 2006, 08:31, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Lifter

fendi
X-Elence
Gewicht (kg): 105
Größe ( in cm ): 186
Training seit: 0-10-2005
Wettkampferfahrung: Nein
Re: Impressive!

Beitragvon fendi » 31. Okt 2006, 12:11

Hi Lifter and all english speaking people out there!

Welcome in this forum!
My english is not really the best, but I still try to improve.
Please excuse, if there are grammatical and orthographical mistakes in my answers. :-?

Lifter hat geschrieben:My legs get the PITT treatment on Thursday... I wonder how I'll be walking, if at all, afterwards!? :-o

Walking? Walking after a little PITT excersise (for your legs)? That is not possible! :wink: you have to use elevators, moving stairways (is that the right word?) and naturally a wheelchair! Just kidding

Lifter hat geschrieben:How close do you come to failure? I assume, like you said, you simply stop when you have to rest 20 seconds, so it's not an actual failure?

I stop my PITT-Set if I have to rest more than 20 seconds or when my muscles fail through a rep.
Lifter hat geschrieben:Also, I am picking weights I can get between 15 to 20 reps. Is that right?

Thats right, if you talking about the PITT-Set.
But sets with only 10 reps (and more weight) are also possible.
I'm feeling much more comfortable if I pick a weight where i can reach 15 or 20 reps.
Maybe Karsten will write some more information on this topic.

Fendi
Grüße Fendi

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kann mir mal einer sagen warum ich von PITT ganz grün werde?

meisterproper
Re: Impressive!

Beitragvon meisterproper » 31. Okt 2006, 12:47

@ Nwllifter2:
Welcome! :D

Lifter hat geschrieben:This level of fatigue doesn't happen training any other way, so PITT has to be THE BEST means to ensure you are triggering every muscle fibre possible!

This is exactly what PITT is all about. :thumbup:
You can feel that you reach your muscles on a different level compared to other training-systems.

Lifter hat geschrieben:How close do you come to failure? I assume, like you said, you simply stop when you have to rest 20 seconds, so it's not an actual failure?

Karsten would now tell you, that failure is term which is hard to define :wink:

Every now and then it happens, that I think that I am already able to perform another rep after some rest, but I actually am not and therefore "failure" occurs. In that case, the pause was just a few moments to short.
It should not be the goal to achieve failure. It should be your goal to perform the last 8 or 10 reps in a way, that you nearly fail. Failure is not needed to achieve hypertrophy. For example I can not remember the last time I reached failure during squats as you somehow always manage to bring the weight up again, but the legs do grow even without failure :wink:

What I do is, if the maximum pause of 20 seconds I allow myself is not sufficient to perform the 18th or 19th or 20th repetition and therefore failure occurs, I stop immediately. Next time I would choose the same weight and stick to it as long as I am able to perform 20 reps with a maximum pause of 20 seconds without failure. If this is achieved, I would put on some extra weight the next time.

Lifter hat geschrieben:Also, I am picking weights I can get between 15 to 20 reps. Is that right?Thanks.

That is right. I would not recommend to bring the load up too fast and therefore only put on about 5% extra when you reach 20 full reps without failure.

We already tested using even more weight with less reps, but somehow the 15-20 reps seem to work better for me.
www.peter-baers.de

Magnetgewichte & mehr!

ironguru

Beitragvon ironguru » 31. Okt 2006, 13:38

Do I understand that in the right way. when doing PITT we never go to
failure? Not even when the last of the 20 reps is done ???????

thanks for the feedback.

GO-ON
X-Pert

Beitragvon GO-ON » 31. Okt 2006, 13:57

@ironguru,
in fact, it isn't necessary to train to failure but You should aspire an intensity that is near to it without the need of using other intensity techniques.

GO-ON
PITT ist kein EinSatzTraining.
Jede WH ist ein Satz.
Die eine WH ist dabei nicht die erste,
sondern die letzte, die effektivste.

Lesen ist anstrengend und zeitintensiv.

meisterproper
Beitragvon meisterproper » 31. Okt 2006, 14:12

ironguru hat geschrieben:Do I understand that in the right way. when doing PITT we never go to
failure? Not even when the last of the 20 reps is done ???????

thanks for the feedback.

:thumbup:
It should not be the goal to achieve failure. It should be your goal to perform the last 8 or 10 reps in a way, that you nearly fail.
www.peter-baers.de

Magnetgewichte & mehr!

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Getting even clearer!

Beitragvon Lifter » 31. Okt 2006, 15:44

fendi, meisterproper, and GO-ON... thanks for all the wonderful tips. :thumbup:

It seems I have applied it wrongly then as the my last two workouts I took my sets to the limit, until I couldn't budge the bar, as I thought you were supposed to work the set like 20 reps squats. No wonder I have been feeling so tired and fatigued! :-(

Strangely, this morning during my back and biceps workout I began to wonder about repeating all those "forced reps" over and over again until complete and utter failure. Worried about it leading to overkill. Now I can see my concerns were correct, so I'll be sure to stop when I need 20 secs of rest and avoid total failure.

Due to the sudden increase in weight handled, 15 reps feels safe, working upto 20. Do you use the same approach on legs?

I train my legs Thursday, so I will be sure to stop well before failure, lest I need those devices to help me get around fendi mentioned! :wink:

Thanks again, I appreciate all your help. I am learning more with each post I read, now I feel confident I am PITTing better and better. :)
Lifter

ironguru

Beitragvon ironguru » 31. Okt 2006, 17:39

go-on and meisterprober
---------------------------------

thanks for your great advice.

another question:

before you do the main PITT set ,you do 3-4 warm up sets of each
exercise .......so as an example

if you do chest ( bench-press / flying )

You do 3-4 warm up sets for bench-press and then the PITT set ,, after
that you do 3-4 warm up sets for flying and then the PITT set and
you go on like that for all the other body parts ( Shoulder, Biceps etc) ???

thank you

meisterproper
Beitragvon meisterproper » 31. Okt 2006, 17:59

I do a couple of warm-up-sets before I do the first real PITT-set. When I move on to the next exercise, I normally do just a couple of reps with a light weight to get used to the movement of the exercise but do no more real warm-up-sets.

For example (on a PUSH-day):

4-5 warm-up-sets with increasing weight for bench-press-machine
PITT-set on the bench-press-machine

a couple of reps flyes with light weight
PITT-set flyes

a couple of reps shoulder-press-machine with light weight
PITT-set shoulder-press-machine

a couple of reps lateral-raise (dumbell) with light weight
PITT-set lateral raise (dumbell)

a couple of reps french press with light weight
PITT-set french press

OVER AND OUT :-D
www.peter-baers.de

Magnetgewichte & mehr!

ironguru

Beitragvon ironguru » 31. Okt 2006, 18:31

meisterproper hat geschrieben:I do a couple of warm-up-sets before I do the first real PITT-set. When I move on to the next exercise, I normally do just a couple of reps with a light weight to get used to the movement of the exercise but do no more real warm-up-sets.

For example (on a PUSH-day):

4-5 warm-up-sets with increasing weight for bench-press-machine
PITT-set on the bench-press-machine

a couple of reps flyes with light weight
PITT-set flyes

a couple of reps shoulder-press-machine with light weight
PITT-set shoulder-press-machine

a couple of reps lateral-raise (dumbell) with light weight
PITT-set lateral raise (dumbell)

a couple of reps french press with light weight
PITT-set french press

OVER AND OUT :-D

Thank you very much that's very helpful.

karsten
X-tra Ordinary
Gewicht (kg): 105
Größe ( in cm ): 182
Training seit: 0- 0-1985
Beitragvon karsten » 31. Okt 2006, 21:12

failure is an very individual experience

one would say he goes every time to failure while at the other time another one would say he did never go to failure at all

i formyself go very often to failure, but in a way that i can hold it any longer, or that in trying to perform the next last rep i fail but never ever using intensity stuff like forced reps or so, that would be a touch to much and that little bit more than neccessary could break down the house. dont dig to deep. stimulate not terminate!

failure is not failure, for sure you have to kick your butt as hard as you can, other wise all aerobic and fitnesstrainies would be as muscular as ronnie coleman is ( and because of that all those damned pencil necks using juice, it is obvious that this is not the secret)

going to exhaustion/ failure is neccessary but that doesnt mean that you have to try to kill yourself in every workout

that is the key, the art, the miracle behind it...when to go to the end and when to stop one inch before

hypertrophie training ( bb ) is an art , it is something that have to be discovered very individual, that is the reason why it makes no sense to write down stupid stuff like ram, rm, %, load, tut +/ &§ and so on and all this kind of things that may help but never will do the job

it is all about having the guts, to have an unbreakable spirit

the first step is to find the right weight of an certain excercise. that is hard enough, cause the right weight depends on many points, the muscle of yesterday is not the same than last week and bb is not powerlifting or even mathematics

when you found the right weight ( THERE IS A BIG BIG DIFFERENCE IN WORKING WEIGHTS AND MAXIMUM WEIGHTS; NEVER FORGET THIS) than the next step is how far can i go with that

motivation is the key, but it is easy while being motivated as hell do overdo the job while on the ohter hand the ones who are never motivated ( and never will be - cause that is ssomething you can not buy in the supermarket and it is the main reaso why 99 % percent fail in order to get msucular) are to lazy to go beyond the next level at all

so biofeedback and instinct is neccessary but on the other side teh body will cheat you with wrong signs , so it is playing chess with your own body and most oft hte time we loose

the master challenge is than is to find the right balance between when to train and when to rest- to find your individual split routine

you did learn wiht using pitt that the key is to rest between repetitions , cause it is the biggest common mistake that the whole world do repetitions in a row, not aware of the fact that this is not logic for the muscle, not efficient and counterprductive too

but now youhave to find too when it is again time to train

there can be muscles that has to be pushed every other day while at the same time there can be muscles in the body that has to train very very less....so find the way, no one can help you with that, only you can master it on your own

always believe and live with passion

( maybe you can post this in your max stim forum too like many of the other things i already wrote, dan moore is a nice guy and a smart one too, greetings to him)

karsten
Ein starkes Training: http://www.pitt-force.com
Eine starke Athletin: http://www.nicolepfuetzenreuter.de
PITT-Force...the next Level - Das Buch - Jetzt erhältlich!

Zurück zu „Training & Trainingssysteme“