PITT & English

Trainingstipps zum "Großwerden", Techniken, Theorien, Pläne & Experimente
(u.a. PITT Training, 5x5, Volumentraining, Rest/Pause uvm.)

Moderatoren: Totti, meisterproper

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User
Gewicht (kg): 0
Größe ( in cm ): 0

Mike

Beitrag von Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 10:38

Yes, I was so devastated by Mike's death I couldn't talk about it for two weeks! Joanne Sharkey, Mike's secretary, ensures me mine was one of the last emails Mike read before he went to bed and never woke up. She has been invaluable in helping me come to terms with his passing, even sending me a free Heavy Duty tank top last year! She's a wonderful lady.

I wish everyone could have seen Mike in his prime, he was everything a bodybuilding champ should be, huge and deeply tanned, his presence was awesome. As you can clearly see in the picture, I was a skinny teen, in awe at meeting Mike in the flesh. So much so, I lost my voice the morning when I awoke. He's signing my well-worn copy of his original Heavy Duty booklet in that picture, something I still cherish.

If he were still around I am certain he'd commend PITT-FORCE training.

Btw, I came across some terms I don't understand:

talentierten

Klimmzuege

Coats

Rudders prevented

Beinbeuger

Thanks for the link. Talk to you soon!
Lifter

M-TOP
Body-Xtreme.de User

Beitrag von M-TOP » 28. Okt 2006, 11:09

Zuletzt geändert von M-TOP am 28. Okt 2006, 11:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Nur die Starken überleben!

The Iron never lies to you

karsten
X-tra Ordinary
Gewicht (kg): 105
Größe ( in cm ): 182
Training seit: 0- 0-1985
Wettkampferfahrung: Ja
Beitrag von karsten » 28. Okt 2006, 11:10

talentierten

genetically gifted

klimmzuege

chins

beinbeuger

leg curl

i got some heavy duty tank top too, but some f...a.. stole it from me in the gym while i was under the shower

i also got the cd with his seminar where he talks about "sheer desire" and the programm that just recommends chins, dips, squats and deadlifts
i dont know if you ever heared about it
maybe i can put it somewhere online so you can download it and listen to it, it is worth the time

:thumbup:
Ein starkes Training: http://www.pitt-force.com
Eine starke Athletin: http://www.nicolepfuetzenreuter.de
PITT-Force...the next Level - Das Buch - Jetzt erhältlich!

M-TOP
Body-Xtreme.de User

Beitrag von M-TOP » 28. Okt 2006, 11:13

@Karsten
oder so.. :D

Gruß
M-TOP
Nur die Starken überleben!

The Iron never lies to you

karsten
X-tra Ordinary
Beitrag von karsten » 28. Okt 2006, 11:15

:thumbup: :D

hitter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Beitrag von hitter » 28. Okt 2006, 14:05

Hey Lifter,
I wish you wellcome to this great forum too.
You have personaly meet one of the greatest ever living BBs, Mike Mentzer. I envy you for it. He was a man which revolutionized bb training and in addition he says over and over again that it is one live outside the studios. I´m sure, to meet this man is certainly a great inspiration for your owns training.

Mike Mentzer was the first man, who says public: „Who says, that a BB must doing rep after rep WITHOUT pause?“ However, the mainstream was not ready for such a radical thougt and this training concept is Mike Mentzer´s lost Heavy Duty secret. In addition, as karsten says, the training with single reps with the 1RM is too much heavy for the most trainies.

The radical thougt of karsten is, you must lift a weight, that you can lift 8-10 reps and lift it rep one, pause, rep two, pause and so on. Pause at the first reps 5-10 seconds, its easy, but in the last reps you need pause at 10-20 seconds to minimalice the lacid-prozess and force the atp-recycling to have the power to get at 20 reps. So you can lift the weight 15 or 20 times as you feel good. (Be carefull at begin, the musclepain after training can be enorm!.)
So you can reach muscle fibers, that you cannot reach with doing one set, pause 2-3 minutes and doing the other set. You hit the musclefibers hard. The fibers are longer under tension. That´s Hit-Training!
You can make a routine with two or three big exercises and one isolate exercise. Warum up as usually. For example make Chest and Back (Presses, Rows, Curls) at workout one, and Shoulders and Legs (Presses, Squats or Deadlifts, Calfes) at workout two. It looks like simple, but it gives your muscle fibers a turbo-boost ;-) Its not so easy at it seams, you must give blood and guts ;-)

My english is not so good, sorry.
"Man sollte auf jede einzelne Wiederholung Wert legen."
- Joe Weider

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Beitrag von Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 15:08

Karston... thanks for the translations, and for enriching my grasp on PITT-FORCE training. :thumbup:

hitter... thanks for the warm welcome and invaluable information. I feel like I am all set now to train tomorrow morning. I am excited about the idea of taking a 8-10 rep maximum poundage and squeezing out 20 reps. Surely such extreme intensity will push me to the next level.

I like the look of that routine, how many days between would you suggest?

I will report back on my findings tomorrow. Thanks again for making me feel welcome here and for all the help. :)
Lifter

GO-ON
X-Pert

!!!! PITT is all over the world !!!!

Beitrag von GO-ON » 29. Okt 2006, 01:28

Hello Lifter,
welcome! It's great to read posts of a guy from down under. It shows that PITT has reached the other side of the world! :thumbup: :D
I'm curious about Your first experiences using PITT. Many of the forum users here are enthusiastic about the success and the gains they realize.
I discovered BB only at the beginning of this year and I'm a bit older than You.
Did I understand right You are training since more than 20 years?
In my opinion PITT sounds like a great idea to combine with many training techniques and I'm excited to read about the evolution of PITT.
I'm sure I will use PITT as soon as I can change my gym.

GO-ON
PITT ist kein EinSatzTraining.
Jede WH ist ein Satz.
Die eine WH ist dabei nicht die erste,
sondern die letzte, die effektivste.

Lesen ist anstrengend und zeitintensiv.

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

30 years!

Beitrag von Lifter » 29. Okt 2006, 02:07

GO-ON... thanks for the warm welcome, much appreciated.

I have been training nearly 30 years, I started in '77. Like I said, Mike Mentzer's ideas directed my efforts most of my life, I even underwent hypnosis mid-90's to increase my pain tolerance so I could train harder!

I just completed my first PITT-FORCE workout, and I am so tired. My chest and triceps are deeply depleted, and I feel unwell, but that is to be expected training this hard. Despite chosing weights I felt I would get 10 reps with I managed to squeeze out another 10-12! :-o AMAZING!!!

I know myself well enough to predict I will grow from this... or die! :wink:
Lifter

AminoAmigo
X-Elence
Größe ( in cm ): 183
Training seit: 15. Jan 2006
Wettkampferfahrung: Nein

Beitrag von AminoAmigo » 29. Okt 2006, 05:07

PITT goes around the world :-o

hi, lifter, welcome on board :thumbup: Hypnosis ? That´s pretty unusual, but it sounds interesting :-D

I take that unwell feeling and the fact that i feel so tired after workout as an indicator for a good and hard training.

I hope you´ll stay here and do a bit of advertising "down under" :wink:

please excuse my bad english, it seems like 9 years of school-english is not enough :D

karsten
X-tra Ordinary
Beitrag von karsten » 29. Okt 2006, 09:29

i made the experience that even older lifters who get used to their regular routines got a great benefit and improve their gains rapidly while starting out with pitt force.
that is obvious cause try to imagine that the body got used to the training over the years, now you turn back time to the level where every workout is a great workout cause with every training you stimulate more grow, without using forced reps, without doing more volume.
you will see that you will break sticking points and make improvements you would never ever believe in for the last years.

mike was right when he said "1" is the loneliest number at all, but it is not "1 set" - it is one more repetition.

the smallest amount is one repetition and so you can now go into the pittzone stepp by step with one more repetition each workout ( but by now you can reach easily the 20 :thumbup: but keep in mind when you rach new sticking points, it is one more rep that counts and stimulates the muscle)

much success for you and never surrender

:thumbup:

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

I'm not going anywhere

Beitrag von Lifter » 29. Okt 2006, 09:44

AminoAmigo... you can bet I will be doing all I can to spread the word about PITT training. I am suffering from deeply tired and fatgued arms. Trying not to use them at all costs. Can't wait to train Tuesday as I find my back is the easiest muscle for me to train.

I plan to stay around here as long as I am welcome, thanks.

Karsten... I believe you! Despite having many years under my belt and having tried almost every training variation this level of fatigue is unlike anything else I have experienced. I was delighted that just when I thought I was done, I could rest and squeeze out another rep, then another, and yet another... until I couldn't possibly squeeze one more out.

Knowing myself as well as I do I decided to go with a 3-way split:

#1 Chest/Side Delts/Triceps

#2 Back <width and thickness>/Biceps

#3 Legs

That is about all I can cope with at this stage of the game due to my high levels of intensity and age <44>.

I look forward to my next workout Tuesday, when my back and biceps will get the PITT treatment!

I will report back on my findings. :wink:
Lifter

meisterproper
Gewicht (kg): 118
Training seit: 1. Sep 1999
Beitrag von meisterproper » 29. Okt 2006, 10:30

Hi Lifter,

nice to have you here.
Despite having many years under my belt and having tried almost every training variation this level of fatigue is unlike anything else I have experienced.
This is exactly what I felt after the first PITT-workout. Really good to hear this from a person, that trains for a much longer time than I do. I am sure you will start to grow like you have not grown in the last couple of years.

I use the same split-routine you just wrote down, it really works fine for me. I usually have 4 to 5 days rest in between the workouts for upper body and a whole week for legs (that means I do not always train the upper body on the same day, e.g. PUSH-routine on Thursday, next week the PUSH-routine would be on a Tuesday).

By the way, I love your country. I had the pleasure to live in Perth for 6 months. I still love to remember that time, it was one of the best times in my life so far :thumbup:

Your presence is highly appreciated here as it shows how the "PITT-virus" is spread all over the world :wink: so please feel free to ask if you have any questions :thumbup:
Deutscher Meister & Gesamtsieger 2010
www.peter-baers.de

sponsored by BBGenics, Silberrücken & ScSPORTS

http://www.pitt-hooks.de - Der Shop für PITT-Hooks®,
Magnetgewichte & mehr!

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Enticing

Beitrag von Lifter » 29. Okt 2006, 10:46

meisterproper... thanks for the warm welcome. Hearing you do a similar routine does wonders to entice me to continue on! I assume that is your pic? If so you look TERRIFIC! Very impressive!!

You are right, the past few years I have definitely struggled to get my size up. That is what attracted me to PITT training, and from what I have felt from the start I am sure this level of intensity delivers BIG TIME! :-D

I used Nicole's chinup video, which I downloaded and watched a couple of times as a guideline of how to proceed through my sets. For the first few reps I took a single deep breath, in and out, which equated to about 5 seconds. Then, when I started to struggle, I took what I felt was enough rest before squeezing out the next rep... then the one after that, etc..

Thanks for the offer, I might have to take you up on that in the future. :thumbup:
Lifter

meisterproper
Gewicht (kg): 118
Training seit: 1. Sep 1999
Beitrag von meisterproper » 29. Okt 2006, 11:33

Yes it is me on the picture. Unfortunately I do not look like this all the time :wink: :-D

Nicole's chin-up-video is in fact a good guideline as she is trained by the "inventor" of the system (=Karsten), who also taught me how to realize his PITT-training in the gym. Maybe you should have a look at the following video as well:

http://www.bodybuilding-magazin.de/body ... l/1385.htm

as this is me performing a PITT-set (somewhere in the middle of the video) with Karsten standing next to me talking about how and why the system works (you will not understand his speech but maybe the set performed will give you some extra information how to perform a set).

But from what you wrote I think that you already got it right. Between the first reps, the rest is rather small (3-5 seconds), Once you have to struggle really hard to be able to perform another rep properly, you make the rest a little bit longer. Not too long, just when you think you will be able to perform the next rep properly, you go on. To find the right length of the rest needs some experience. After a couple of weeks of PITT-training, you will know how long the rest has to be.

In theory, there is nearly no limit in performing extra reps, as you could just keep on making the rest longer and longer. I personally stop when the rest I need is longer than 20 seconds.

I think nobody has said something about the whole volume of a workout so far. Generally speaking, 3-5 sets per workout is the maximum you will be able to perform with the needed intensity. As this automatically limits the number of excercises used in a workout, it is perhaps a good idea to have two different workouts per training-day. Two different excercise-combinations you alternate form workout to workout.

But maybe you should start thinking about that after you experienced the "raw" PITT-system with a rather simple routine and not right now :wink:
Deutscher Meister & Gesamtsieger 2010
www.peter-baers.de

sponsored by BBGenics, Silberrücken & ScSPORTS

http://www.pitt-hooks.de - Der Shop für PITT-Hooks®,
Magnetgewichte & mehr!

Antworten