PITT & English

Trainingstipps zum "Großwerden", Techniken, Theorien, Pläne & Experimente
(u.a. PITT Training, 5x5, Volumentraining, Rest/Pause uvm.)

Moderatoren: meisterproper, Totti

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User
Gewicht (kg): 0
Größe ( in cm ): 0

PITT & English

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 03:02

Hi, I have just came across PITT training and am interested in grasping what it's all about. Problem is I only speak and understand English, so I am struggling to grasp the whole system! Can anyone help me, either through explaining it in English, or telling me how and if there is a way to convert the forum information into English as you can do through search engines. Thanks, I look forward to hearing from someone.
Lifter

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

HUH?

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 07:59

Come on guys... anyone willing to help out the German-impaired? :wink:
Lifter

D4n
X-Pert
Beitragvon D4n » 28. Okt 2006, 08:26

yeah guy...i'm just thinkig about how to explain the system, so that it's simple for you to understand it.

how should i start...the really new about this system is that you don't do rep after rep - you do one rep and rest for 2-5 seconds, than you do another rep.
when you have already done about 10 reps your breaks get longer, so about 10 seconds - at the and when you are at the 19th rep you rest for about 20 seconds, but try not to go over 20 seconds of break...

you chose a weight with which you colud do 10 continueing reps, but you do only one rep - rest a few seconds and do another rep again - until you got about 20 reps.

yor each exercise you do a easy warmup set and than this set of 20 single repetitions.

example:
chest - benchpress
10 reps at 60pounds
15-20 single reps at 120 pounds

important is that you rest after each rep, without that you wouldn't do something new
the problem to explain the system correct are the words, which are missing in my vocabulary :)

i hope you understand the mainpoint... i look for a better way of explaning it to you... :wink:
Zuletzt geändert von D4n am 28. Okt 2006, 08:32, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Man hat die wahl zwischen dem leichten und dem richtigen Weg - choose PITT-Force!

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Grateful!

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 08:30

Thanks, much appreciated! :thumbup: So it is 20 reps, done a rep at a time, with about 5 seconds between? How about the split? Thanks.
Lifter

D4n
X-Pert
Beitragvon D4n » 28. Okt 2006, 08:43

there're many ways of splitting your plan. most of the guys split it in push and pull, but a beginner plan could look like that:

workout 1:

benchpress
squats
pull over
deadlift, russian style

workout 2:

pull up
dips
dead lifts, normal version / row (one week dead lifts, noe week row)
calfs

week 1

Monday: workout 1
Tuesday: -
Wednesday: -
Thursday: workout 2
Friday: -
Saturday: -
Sunday: workout 1

week 2

Monday: -
Tuesday: -
Wednesday: workout 2
Thursday: -
Friday: -
Saturday: workout 1
Sunday: -

week 3

Monday:
Tuesday: workout 2
Wednesday: -
Thursday:
Friday: workout 1
Saturday: -
Sunday:-

and so on...thats the best blance of training and regeneration.

watch out my first post, i have updated it, so there are a few more pieces of information for you :)
Man hat die wahl zwischen dem leichten und dem richtigen Weg - choose PITT-Force!

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Great!

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 08:51

Thanks, that explains it far better!!! :) Being I am far from the beginner stage, closing in on my third decade of dedicated training, mainly using Heavy Duty methods, would you recommend I still abide by the above split? Thanks for the advice and help! :thumbup:
Lifter

D4n
X-Pert
Beitragvon D4n » 28. Okt 2006, 09:05

okay, i have already said that many split it into push and pull.

a training week could look like that:

Mon: -
Tue: PUSH Plan A
Wed: -
Thu: PULL Plan A
Fri: -
Sat: PUSH Plan B
Sun: LEGS

Mon: -
Tue: PULL Plan B
Wed: -
Thu: PUSH Plan A
Fri: -
Sat: PULL Plan A
Sun: LEGS

Pull plan A

1x benchpress
1x butterfly

1x shoulderpress
1x lateral raise

1x kickbacks / skullcrusher
1x psuhdown

pull plan A

1x pull ups
1x pull over
1x row
1x shrug

1x hammer curls
1x scott curls

legs:

1x squats
1x lying leg curl
1x calves
1x abductors
here you must look how much you have, or even can do for your legs...but don't do to much, keep your mind on the message of heavy duty

for each plan you chose a B version in which you do other exercises, but for the same msucle like plan A. i can update it in a few minutes if you want, so i complete the plan for you.

again: each exercise only one set of 20 single reps :wink:

if you do it correctly your muscle will hurt like never before.
your muscles will not glutt, so that you can go for another rep after a small rest, thats the main differenze and improvement of this system. training without glutted muscles. i hope "glutted" is the correct word for what i mean^^
Zuletzt geändert von D4n am 28. Okt 2006, 09:12, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Getting clearer!

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 09:10

Thanks once again! Now I feel I am finally getting a solid grasp on how it works and how best to apply the system. I am due to train tomorrow, so I will start implementing your advice and see how it pans out for me.

MUCH APPRECIATED FOR YOUR TIME AND EFFORT! :thumbup:
Lifter

D4n
X-Pert
Beitragvon D4n » 28. Okt 2006, 09:14

your welcome,

i hope you have a good trainig day and everyhing goes right =)
if you got question just tell me :)

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Grateful

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 09:17

Thanks, you have no idea how valuable your input has been. After two days of frantic searching with little to show for my efforts, I am glad someone was keen to help and fill in the gaps for me.

Out of curiousity how long have you been using PITT-FORCE, and what gains have you seen???

Thanks, I will write and let you know how it went for me. :)

Btw, sorry, what do you mean by "glut"?

Here is a pic of when I met Mike Mentzer in 1980.
Dateianhänge
Mike & I '80 (488 x 473).jpg
Mike & I '80 (488 x 473).jpg (34.77 KiB) 3116 mal betrachtet

D4n
X-Pert
Beitragvon D4n » 28. Okt 2006, 09:27

i'm doing pitt for about 8 weeks, i'm not one of the big guys, i'm even more a kind of beginner in the business of bodybuilding. maybe because i'm a rather small one i can see how good pitt works.

i could improve my self like never before. it was amazing how i could increase the weights. maybe it is not much for someone, but for me it's a little world =)

in this forum there are many really good bodybuilder which a really experienced and successfull. i don't know wether they speak english, but i'm going to ask them, so that they can help you to get into the PITT-ZONE, that's how we call it :P

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Great

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 09:33

Great, we all have to start somewhere. I started using a Bullworker my parents bought me for my 15th Birthday, back in 1977. Then I bugged them for months till they gave in and bought me a set of dumbells and some weights that Christmas. Since then I have used Mike's methods, having met him when I was 18, the impact of that meeting still etched in my mind, some -- gulp -- 26 years later!

I was one of Mike's phone consult clients in the mid-90's, when he was developing Heavy Duty II. So I know his system inside out, and deem PITT-FORCE to be a step above.

Thanks, I am super-keen to be in the "PITT-ZONE"! :-D
Lifter

karsten
X-tra Ordinary
Gewicht (kg): 105
Größe ( in cm ): 182
Training seit: 0- 0-1985
Wettkampferfahrung: Ja
Beitragvon karsten » 28. Okt 2006, 10:06

hi lifter,

nice to meet you again,

great that you joined here. as i already told you , i am not that often in the other forum.

so i can help you out a bit better.

sorry for answering so late, but there are many idiots who write in wrong names and with fake intention just to make stupid coments at the end. so i was in the beginning not sure what your intention is ( but i think that problem already explained you mike at the phone, i did call him too years ago but the only person i did spoke with was his answering machine..)

i am so jelaous that you met mike mentzer in person, that sounds so wonderful, and you met him in his best shape ever, the shape that could have been the mr o 1980 if politics not have had destroyed it that day, but that story is old

ok,

when you know heavy duty than you know rest pause system made popular by him

his main idea was great but the way he teached it was a touch to much for the regular trainies

mike always created method that worked for him, later on in the 90 ´s he explained that it is not neccessary to go to failure always ,

the idea of mike "why doing repetitions in a row at all" was fantastic, but the way to perform one maximum repetition and so on as he explaind in his books, is to heavy for the central nervous system and than to do forced reps at the third or fourth repetition could kill most of us while doing it to often

i will talk to you later on, i have a phone call, see you later

:thumbup:
Ein starkes Training: http://www.pitt-force.com
Eine starke Athletin: http://www.nicolepfuetzenreuter.de
PITT-Force...the next Level - Das Buch - Jetzt erhältlich!

Lifter
Body-Xtreme.de User

Hi

Beitragvon Lifter » 28. Okt 2006, 10:13

Hi karsten, nice to hear from you again!

Yes, I feel fortunate to have met Mike in his prime. As you can see from the picture, his "weak chest" literally came up out of his shirt! That night I saw him in a brown velvet cut-off top, his triceps hanging over his elbows.
It was a sight that kept with me ever since!

Thanks to D4n I feel like I am confident to commence my first PITT-FORCE workout tomorrow morning. This is exciting and I am sure will deliver a unique and much welcome boost to my workouts.

I look forward to discussing things further after I've tried it. Thanks to you both for helping me gain an understanding what it is all about!

Best regards! :)
Lifter

karsten
X-tra Ordinary
Gewicht (kg): 105
Größe ( in cm ): 182
Training seit: 0- 0-1985
Wettkampferfahrung: Ja
Beitragvon karsten » 28. Okt 2006, 10:23

here will appear some more information in english

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... =123159782

it is a free site too ( myspace) and i joind yesterday, so i try to reach people everywhere too. some athletes from canada and the states i already showed and coached my ideas when it comes to training and proper nutrition with great success, so i feel very honored that you are here to see how things work too.

mike was awesome, he is one of my greates idols and will ever be. his dead was a shock to me, i spoke to casey viator who me and my wife met last year in florida. he told me a lot of great stories about the two brothers and some things about his dead that were really really sad...

the pics of mike are inspiring , still today, even that the "synthol monsters" rules now, they can not match with a physique he did own

talk to you later on

:thumbup:
Ein starkes Training: http://www.pitt-force.com
Eine starke Athletin: http://www.nicolepfuetzenreuter.de
PITT-Force...the next Level - Das Buch - Jetzt erhältlich!

Zurück zu „Training & Trainingssysteme“